Monday, February 1, 2010

Walter Derrig Models International's Hermes!



























Recently I sat down with Models Internationals newest men's board catch Walter Derrig. While he we are his mother agency, Major New York is agency. At 18, and a body of a young God Walter is the hottest thing Fort Lee, New Jersey has seen in years; and if he runs the industry like he runs track Walter is definitely a shoe in for first place. Below is my one on one interview with this down to earth adventurous athletic mans man.


The Model Diaries (MD): Walter let's get right to it. Boxers or Boxer Briefs?

Walter Derrig (WD): Hahahahaha

MD: If you weren't modeling what would you be doing?

WD: I had planned on joining the United States Marines after high school.

MD: Speaking of high school you're the captain of your track team correct?

WD: Yes. I run the 400 meter hurdles, javelin and disk.

MD: When you're chilling or grinding it out on the subway going to castings what type of music are you listening to on your iPhone?

WD: It varies from Tech-no to Hip-Hop it just depends on how I'm feeling at that moment. Sometimes I'll just flip from song to song, and mix it all up.

MD: All of our female interns wanted me to ask you this next question.

WD: Oh no what is it?

MD: Are you dating or single?

WD: Single!

MD: I'm sure that's by choice. So describe your ideal girl. Is she a blond or brunette? Or is she a fiery red head? Inquiring minds would like to know.

WD: To be truthful hair color, and all of that doesn't really matter to me. I like a girl that's adventurous, and likes to go go-carting.

MD: So she has to be able to keep up with you at all times?

WD: You said that not me (laughs)

MD: I'll leave the follow up question for next time.

WD: Thanks! hahahaha

MD: If you had the opportunity to become the face for one fashion house out of all of the designers that are currently relevant at this moment who would you choose?

WD: Easy Prada!

MD: Wow that was quick. Why Prada?

WD: Prada is very modern, and the lines are clean. I like it because its not over the top with logos everywhere. Its minimalistic, and I like that. I can do the talking for myself, I don't need my clothes to do the talking for me.

MD: So what do you like about modeling?

WD: Everything! (laughs) From the photo shoots to the runway to meeting different types of people. It's a fast paced and fun job.

MD: Have you ever traveled out of the country?

WD: Yea I've been to Ireland and England with my family, but it was when I was younger like 5 or 6 years old.

MD: So if I gave you $500.00 to go shopping anywhere where would you go splurge?

WD: Oh man that's easy H&M! Because I could get the a lot of stuff, and still have money left over! (laughs)

MD: So no Prada?

WD: With just $500.00? Definitely no Prada (laughs again)

MD: So you've been modeling for a decent amount of time. What is your most embarrassing moment?

WD: That's hard, but I would have to say the first time I met with Ryan (Ryan Colby the Director of Models Internationals Men's board) and he's taking digitals of me in my boxer briefs when all of a sudden all of these female models walk in, and 2+2= 4 (laughs)

No comments:

Post a Comment